We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Frecciabianca or EuroCity train Milan to Venice

illinois
Level Contributor
277 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Frecciabianca or EuroCity train Milan to Venice

I was looking at the trains from Milan to Venice and was wondering what the difference is between these 2 options. They both take the same amount of time and make the same stops. The pricing is the same too. Is one more comfortable than the other?

Likely To Sell Out
Skip the Line: St Peter’s and Sistine...
23,092 reviews
from US$76.30*
Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: Sistine Chapel Viewing...
531 reviews
from US$412.90*
Likely To Sell Out
Ancient Rome and Colosseum Tour...
2,855 reviews
from US$123.90*
Likely To Sell Out
Tuscany in One Day Sightseeing Tour
6,738 reviews
from US$112.60*
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
90,329 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Frecciabianca or EuroCity train Milan to Venice

I don't know what web site you are using, but the only trains between Milan and Venice are either Frecciabianca or the very slow Regionale trains. See www.trenitalia.com clicking on the UK flag to change to English and looking for trains from Milano Centrale to Venezia Santa Lucia.

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
30,679 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Frecciabianca or EuroCity train Milan to Venice

There is one Eurocity train per day, which is the one direct train from Geneva to Venice via Milan. The train is certainly a different type, but I doubt there are significant difference in comfort levels.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
34,546 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Frecciabianca or EuroCity train Milan to Venice

For photos - including inside carriage - of a Eurocity train, which is a German train, see http://www.seat61.com/Austria.htm and scroll down to "The connecting trains from Munich to Innsbruck and Salzburg". And it might be useful to read e.g. tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i12483-k5178708…

For photos of Frecciabianca, see www.seat61.com/Italy-trains.htm#.UslNQtF3v4g and scroll down to Frecciabianca.

MIS61 is obviously a most useful resource tor train travel queries! Also TA train travel forum, tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i12483-Train_Tr…

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
30,679 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Frecciabianca or EuroCity train Milan to Venice

Sorry, but Eurocity is a generic name for international day trains and not an indicator of train types

The Eurocity between Geneva and Venice is not the German train indicated in reply 3, but is likely to be an ETR 610 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Pendolino

Edited: 05 January 2014, 12:38
illinois
Level Contributor
277 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Frecciabianca or EuroCity train Milan to Venice

Thanks for the replies. I was using the Trenitalia English site. I was looking at a Saturday in April. I actually think the Eurocity train was a ETR 610 but I had no idea if that was good or bad. The Euro City train had the time I liked the best but I would choose another time if the Frecciabianca train was more desirable.

Thanks for the links. I will check them all out.

Cordoba, Argentina
7 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Frecciabianca or EuroCity train Milan to Venice

hola amigos, el dia 9 de enero tengo que tomar un tren desde Milán hasta la ciudad mas cercana a Maniago,que no se cual es, porque según entiendo no llegan a esta ciudad, que tren debo tomar? y sera necesario sacar los tikets con anticipación o bastara con hacerlo el dia 7 cuando llego a Milán? desde ya agradezco cualquier ayuda cariños monica desde córdoba argentina

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
30,679 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Frecciabianca or EuroCity train Milan to Venice

Go to tripadvisor.es/ShowForum-g187768-i20-Italy.h… for answers in Spanish.

8. Re: Frecciabianca or EuroCity train Milan to Venice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 June 2015, 05:15