We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 week Honeymoon July 2014

Corby, United...
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
1 week Honeymoon July 2014

Hi we want to book to go to Italy in July for our honeymoon, we can only go for a week, which I know is not enough for Italy but due to leaving 2 little girls with our parents, a week is all we can do! So, we don't want to move from hotel to hotel. We want to stay in one place for the week & make the most of what we can do from there. I would like to see Florence & my Husband to be would like to see Rome. Apart from that, we have no real plan. We want to see beautiful, cultural Italy. Can anyone help? Thank you :-)

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
34,279 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1 week Honeymoon July 2014

Yes, choose either Florence or Rome as a base and visit the other from there. The trip is just over an hour by train. I would choose the base city based on how much you wish to see there. Get a guide book and make a list of the things you wish to see. The city with the most sites is the base city and the other city is the day trip city. If you wish to visit the day trip city more than once just buy train tickets 4 months in advance. They start as low as 19 euros each each way.

Donna

Corby, United...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: 1 week Honeymoon July 2014

Thank you for your reply. Can you recommend anywhere to stay other than Florence & Rome as we think these will both be very expensive, & then we can visit both places from there?

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
34,279 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1 week Honeymoon July 2014

It depends on what you mean by expensive. You can get rooms in Rome for less than 100 euros per night. I'm sure you can do the same for Florence. The problem with staying outside the city is that you spend a lot of time and money getting into the city. Use venere.com and check the termini, vatican and colosseum areas for inexpensive hotels in Rome.

Donna

Corby, United...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: 1 week Honeymoon July 2014

Thanks, I have just had a look on some sites and Flor & Rome not as expensive as I thought.

5. Re: 1 week Honeymoon July 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2015, 05:18