We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Hire in Italy

Cramlington, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Car Hire in Italy

Hello,

Looking for help on which hire company to use for 3 days in July. I'm fully aware of all the brokers (auto-europe, ebookers, carhire3000, carrentals.co.uk etc..), I'm specifically after help on which hire company to use. I've read numerous negative threads about FireFly, Hertz, Maggiore.

Can anyone please help me or point me in the right direction of a hire company that won't screw me over for a 3 day rental in Italy in July?

Thanks

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
32,765 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Hire in Italy

We used Hertz last summer without any problems at all. There were long lines for rentals at the airport but if you pick up the car somewhere else you should be fine. Just document any damage before leaving with the car and upon return take a picture of the fuel gauge and the outside of the car as proof for your records.

Donna

2. Re: Car Hire in Italy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 January 2015, 06:18