We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family Vacation-Help!

TX
Level Contributor
90 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Family Vacation-Help!

My husband and I am looking into planning a European vacation with our 3 daughters. (ages- 12,14,17) We will be there for 12 days which includes our travel days. We thought about trying to see Italy and France. What do you suggest? We have never been to Europe so I am having a little difficutly planning!

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
32,800 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family Vacation-Help!

You will basically have 10 days to site see. With that little amount of time I suggest choosing one country with no more than two cities. This will allow you to enjoy what you're seeing and not be at such a hectic pace. Get a guide book to help you determine which county and cities have more of what you wish to see.

Donna

Forestville, CA
Level Contributor
9,741 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family Vacation-Help!

hi: i agree with poster dbabe...choose only one country and the best start is a good guide/travel book. I can't encourage that more....and after you choose the country (best w/ family participation), perhaps ask family members to look online at this TA site (France or Italy) and think about what would be their most favorite place to see or activity to do. Their engagement will, hopefully, make for a much more enjoyable and enriching experience on the trip.

You will be surprised at how much time public transport takes. It just takes time to travel....and then one gets lost....and you need to eat pizza & drink espresso...wander around...have a gelato...shop....visit historical sites......oh, do travel light (carry-on) if you can.

3. Re: Family Vacation-Help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 January 2015, 06:18