We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Italy in 10 days

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
2 posts
102 reviews
Save Topic
Italy in 10 days

My friend and I are going to Italy in early Oct. Does anyone have suggestions for a 10 day budget trip from Milan to Sicily? For example what might you suggest are 7 or 8 must-see places? We are well travelled in Europe but this is our first Italy trip- and the usual touristy stuff is boring to us...any suggestions for something off-beat but culturally rich?

Stuti

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
841 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Italy in 10 days

For me, Italy's must-see places are:

- Venice

- Florence

- Siena

- Rome

- Capri & the Amalfi coast

- Taormina

There are many beautiful places all along Italy. Some of them are not totally off the beaten track, but all of them are not usually visited by tourists going to Italy for the first time. However, they are culturally reach:

- The Dolomites Mountains (Italian and Austrian Alps)

- Bologna & Ravenna (Emilia Romagna)

- Urbino (Le Marche)

- Lucca (Tuscany)

- Alberobello & Locorotondo (Puglia)

I hope this information helps. Happy holidays!

San Diego...
Level Contributor
365 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Italy in 10 days

We just got back in April from Italy. We went to Rome, FLorence, Tuscany(Castellina in Chianti) Bologna, Le Marche. (been to Cinque Terre and Milan last year)

I would NOT bother with Bologna or Le Marche especially the time of year you are going. Le Marche is sure to be deserted like in April.

We've been to Rome twice now. It's a must see Italian city! #1 on your list for sure.

For the water, I'd go to Cinque Terre. off the beaten path in Tuscany is the little region/city Castellina in Chianti! LOVED IT! stay at Collelungo...you won't regret it. (been 2x now)

We always rent a car which we think makes it more culturally rich because you really live like an Italian for a week or two... It's a little

crazy but loads of fun!!

CIAO!!