We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fabro Ficulle/Orvieto Stations

York, United Kingdom
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Fabro Ficulle/Orvieto Stations

Hi

1st post - probably of many!

Bit of background...taking wife on 3 weeks 'driving' holiday. Hoping to stay in Central Italy for the middle week so looking for a Villa with Pool around Fabro Scalo/Orvieto. Picked these locations as I'd prefer to park the car and travel around by train for a few days. 2 main cities wife wants to visit are Florence and Rome - both of which on the regional line going through the above. So down to the questions:

Does anyone know or know where I can find out, what facilities are at the above stations? We've no Italian language skills at all so if no auto ticket machines want to at least gen up a bit to make an effort when asking for tickets. Always found in France for example that as long as you make some sort of effort you get a far more positive reaction - even when you're actually talking gibberish!

Secondly, any recomendations on italian trains in general or specifically about this regional Florence to Rome line?

Any comments much appreciated.

P.S. Will be posting elsewhere on the site for any suggestions on the trek down from Nothern France in week 1 and back up to Amsterdam in week 3!!

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
27,715 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Fabro Ficulle/Orvieto Stations

For ticket services in Fabro-Ficulle station (in Fabro Scalo) and Orvieto station see www.trenitalia.com/cms/v/index.jsp…

Both have Regional ticket machines, neither have the 'self service' machines which are necessary if you want use a machine to buy a ticket for an Intercity train to Rome rather than a Regional train.

Only Orvieto has a staffed booking office but if you click 'Altri venditori' on top of the link you will find locations in Fabro where you can buy regional tickets with cash, including at the train station. and the travel agency that appears if you click Agenzie di Viaggio will sell all tickets.

York, United Kingdom
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Fabro Ficulle/Orvieto Stations

Hi and thanks for the very prompt reply. I thought I'd seen something on the Trenitalia web site some weeks ago but hadn't manged to find it again - so thanks as well for the link. I'm quite happy just using the regional trains - takes longer I know but will be on holiday after all. Can I just double check with you - once the ticket is purchased I believe it has to be stamped prior to boarding with 'stamp' machines at evry station. Is that correct?

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
27,715 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Fabro Ficulle/Orvieto Stations

A regional train ticket always need validation (time/date-stampng), in Italy just the once before boarding your first train.

4. Re: Fabro Ficulle/Orvieto Stations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2015, 06:19