We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trenitalia - non receipt of tickets

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Trenitalia - non receipt of tickets

Made an internet booking on the Trenitalia website. On completing the purchase (payment confirmed by my credit card provider) the website crashed meaning that I did not get on screen confirmation of booking reference.

I know from a previous Trenitalia booking that we should have received an email with printable tickets but nothing has arrived.

Have sent two emails to Trenitalia without response.

I have a note of journey date and train time but not carriage/seat reservations which were made on line.

Journey is from Ventimiglia to Genoa and return. I dont fancy our chances of turning up at Ventimiglia and trying to get the station ticket office to issue us a ticket.

If we got on the train would the ticket inspector be able to access/find our booking?

Any ideas - we managed (? !) to get very cheap tickets for our travel in mid-february by booking in early January. Buying tickets again would now be expensive.

Any ideas/suggestions/help would be gratefully appreciated.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
38,687 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trenitalia - non receipt of tickets

Have you checked your SPAM folder to see if emails from Trenitalia ended up there? If not, maybe you should consider contacting your bank explaining you did not receive what you paid for and would like to set about canceling the charge.

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trenitalia - non receipt of tickets

Hi there MomCat1992

Many thanks for your interest and suggestions.

I posted my "cry for help" this afternoon and had an email alert from Trip Advisor informing me of your reply.

Very spookily there was in my inbox an email, timed about half an hour before your response, from Trenitalia with tickets for downloading - some three weeks after booking.

Was it the power of this website or just a coincidence - helps with the conspiracy theory that all internet traffic is monitored by someone's big brother!

Thanks again for your support - will toast your good health in bella Italia.

Best wishes, Jim

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
38,687 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trenitalia - non receipt of tickets

Cool. Coincidence? Who knows? Print it, take with you. Have fun - oh, and I like Negronis, so if toasting - do indulge in one of those delicious drinks….

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
11,883 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trenitalia - non receipt of tickets

If you are traveling next month, be aware that because of an accident occurred on Jan. 17 part of the journey will be by bus. Heavy delays are reported. Unfortunately it looks as if this will be going on for a while.

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trenitalia - non receipt of tickets

Hello FF

Many thanks for tip off as to problems on the railway track. Have viewed some video footage on line - it could have been a disaster.

Any ideas on how long the delays are as we were intending to go just for the day - arriving in Genoa at about 11.00 and leaving at 17.00 which gave us six hours for looking around and having a meal.

Any more information would be appreciated.

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
11,883 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trenitalia - non receipt of tickets

The Trenitalia website says that InterCity trains (suppose you booked one of those) are replaced by buses between Ventimiglia and Albenga. There is a toll free number for more info: 800 098 781 (Mon/Fri from 7AM to 7PM - from Italy only).

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
27,771 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Trenitalia - non receipt of tickets

If you want to know why, here's a video of the train derailed by a landslip ilsecoloxix.it/p/…

Level Contributor
1,251 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trenitalia - non receipt of tickets

if your expected arrival is at 11am, I don't think you'll arrive earlier than 12pm or even 1pm.

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trenitalia - non receipt of tickets

Hi FF

Thanks for info as to extent of replacement bus - hmm the distance by bus is about 80km and thats almost half way to Genoa from Ventimiglia. Yes we are booked on an intercity train.

Thanks also to "perilzia" and "heisenbergduke" for your inputs - all very useful.

Our day trip on 18 February is staring to look a bit problematic. Will have to monitor the trenitalia website up until our departure on the 14th.

Have a good day everyone.

Jim

10. Re: Trenitalia - non receipt of tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 February 2015, 05:19