We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

10 Day Italy Itinerary/Travel Help

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
Save Topic
10 Day Italy Itinerary/Travel Help

I'm going to be in Italy for 10 days (arriving in Milan from Paris Saturday July 19, and leaving back to Paris Monday July 28).

I had some questions about getting around as well as itinerary planning.

We plan to come to Milan first (via train from Paris on the 19th).

The 20th will be spent in Milan, and then leaving to the next destination on the 21st morning.

We must be back in Paris by the night of the 28th.

Any recommendations for an itinerary for these days?

I wanted to visit Venice, Florence and Rome but am unsure as to whether we'll have time for all of those cities. We were also thinking of going to Rome last and flying from there directly back to Paris on the 28th.

Also, what would be the best way (cost effective and time effective) to get to every city? (Plane, individual train tickets, a train pass for a week, etc?)

Thanks.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
29,585 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 10 Day Italy Itinerary/Travel Help

Can you leave out Milan and fly to Venice www.easyjet.com

Paris to Milan trains www.voyages-sncf.com fly www.easyjet.com

Milan to Venice train www.trenitalia.com Click on the UK flag for current train times

Venice to Florence Trenitalia train

Florence to Rome Trenitalia train

Rome to Paris fly www,easyjet.com ww.vueling.com

Accommodation www.venere.com www.bed-and-breakfast-in-italy.com

www.ciaomilano.com www.venice-tourism.com www.visitflorence.com www.rome.info

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
31,284 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 10 Day Italy Itinerary/Travel Help

You should actually fly back to Paris the night before your flight home. If there are any issues with the plane ride from Italy to France you could find yourself paying hundreds of euros to get on another flight. It's always safest to spend the last night in the city you fly home from.

That being said, I don't really see how you have 10 days in Italy. If you arrive on the 19th and need to be back in Paris on the 28 that really gives you 8 full days and two travel days (7 days if you fly back the day before your flight). With only 7 days you should see, at the most, 2 cities. Any more than that and you will spend the majority of your time changing locations and not getting to enjoy them.

Donna

3. Re: 10 Day Italy Itinerary/Travel Help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2015, 06:22