We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public transport to ciampino airport?

Kursk
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Topic
Public transport to ciampino airport?

Hi.

Tomorrow we have a flight from ciampino airport.

How to get to the ciampino airport from roma termini?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,986 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Public transport to ciampino airport?

There are frequent buses.

Kursk
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Public transport to ciampino airport?

What is the bus number? And where to get the bus?

Roma
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
11,092 posts
497 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Public transport to ciampino airport?

There are shuttle buses of several companies (ATRAL, SitShuttle or Terravision). Or you can take the metro A to Anagnina and from there the bus ATRAL from Anagnina to Ciampino.

Another option (slow but cheap) is the metro B to Laurentina, then the bus 720 which stops in Via dell'Aeroscalo (200 metres from the airport) before going back to Laurentina. The 720 is the only bus of ATAC approaching to Ciampino. Notice that the 720 leaves not frequently (once-twice an hour).

Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
12,488 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Public transport to ciampino airport?

I can't imagine going through all that to save a couple of Euro - the Terravision bus is only 4 Euro: http://www.terravision.eu/rome_ciampino.html

Kursk
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Public transport to ciampino airport?

Thanks everyone

Roma
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
11,092 posts
497 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Public transport to ciampino airport?

The Terravision "offer" for 4 euros requires that one books in advance. And booking in advance is no use but for the company itself, which is sure to take some customers away from the competitors. Terravision is highly famous for advertising a lot, for inducing people worldwide to book and for doing regularly overbooking.

So, I think the main thing to do is not booking (Terravision or other companies) and being free to choose at the last moment.

Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
12,488 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Public transport to ciampino airport?

I paid the same 4 Euro with Terravision when purchasing at the airport and again when buying my ticket in town for the return.

8. Re: Public transport to ciampino airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2015, 05:30