We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone heard of AMOMA.COM?

London
Level Contributor
28 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone heard of AMOMA.COM?

I'm searching for Venice hotels via Trivago and a website called AMOMA.COM seems to have the cheapest prices for a few hotels, never heard of them before and I was wondering if they were legit? Anyone used them before?

Thanks!

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
1 post
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone heard of AMOMA.COM?

I thougt the same. There are no experiences with this company...

Not yet: It was founded in Switzerland last November 2013 and started its business in December, so just a little bit more than one month ago.

I don't know what to think. BUT: there are pictures of their team on the website: more than 200 employee in a "settled environment". Doesn't look like a one month start-up... ;-))

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
82,271 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone heard of AMOMA.COM?

Well, there are pictures of someone's team on the web site. There is no way of knowing who they actually work for, or even where they are located.

Hampshire, UK
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone heard of AMOMA.COM?

My daughter has booked a room through them, the money has gone from her account £121 but no booking form and the hotel does not have her booking, we have emailed them 3 times today as there is no contact number for them but we haven't heard anything. Barclays fraud dept tomorrow one thinks

London
Level Contributor
28 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone heard of AMOMA.COM?

Poor you, I hope you get it sorted! I think I'll stay clear of them for the time being. Do Trivago not vet the companies before letting them advertise?!

Vancouver, Canada
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone heard of AMOMA.COM?

Hi -

I had read this thread after I booked my hotel and was a bit anxious as the same thing had happened to me; booked, visa charged, but no confirmation!

I just booked a hotel today (2/18/14) with amoma.com and they called me within 10minutes to confirm the reservation. The number that came up had an area code i was unfamiliar with so i cleared the call. They left a voicemail and then called back right away I answered and it was someone from their booking department. They confirmed the booking, dates, price, etc and then emailed me the the booking reference/confirmation while I was on the phone with them.

I asked them if I wanted to call the hotel to make a special request would I provide the reference number, they said yes but it might take 48hrs for the hotel to have my confirmation but to call them if there was any issue... this made me nervous so I asked for their contact number. they gave me two;

customer support: 917-624-9014

new reservation: 917-624-9013

I called and got through... next I will call the hotel! Wanted to post this ASAP so you can them and follow up!!!

I'll follow up if my reservation is not confirmed at the hotel.

Vancouver, Canada
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone heard of AMOMA.COM?

Just to follow-up with my earlier post - I called the hotel and they did not have a confirmation of my reservation yet, but said that when reservations are made through a third party website it can take up to 24hrs (sometimes a little as 4hrs) for the reservation to be in their system. They advised me to call back tomorrow and if they did not have it they would follow-up with amoma.com on my behalf.

Hope this helps!

PS: I've also called Visa and spoke with them about my options - if indeed fraudulent they will reimburse me and purse the company from their end.

PPS: My reservation is for San Francisco.

Edited: 18 February 2014, 22:03
Helsinki, Finland
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone heard of AMOMA.COM?

Hello!

I also made a booking through amoma.com during last weekend. From the start of the reservation it was unclear when they (or who?) would charge my payment card. I assumed the transaction would happen at the time of the stay, especially since I had a cancellation clause in the reservation agreement. However, today I noticed that they had already charged my card. I only have two emails from amoma.com confirming the booking and a hotel coupon/voucher that is in my mother tongue (not in English) saying that I should not be charged at the hotel for the services in the reservation. However, I did not get an email confirming the payment transaction nor any other email with a proper booking confirmation. I also do not know how they would refund me in case I decide to cancel my reservation (after all I have a cancellation clause in the reservation). This booking website is therefore not user-friendly and seems dodgy.

I have emailed both amoma.com and the hotel directly about the reservation. I hope I will get a confirmation on what the situation is.

m s
New York City, New...
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone heard of AMOMA.COM?

Today we tried to book a hotel reservation through Amoma.com and what an ordeal. The website to book our room would not accept our c.c. info then a few mins. later a man called and said he was emailing a secure link to enter our c.c. info again. On the email the link was not working, we tried to call and the lady was not helpful and made me nervous because now they have my personal information. The lady was not able to give us a link that worked so we said never mind we will go through someone else. Again a few mins later a man called back and said he could get the link working, after two more times entering my information I gave up. If company is real they are extremely unprofessional. Would NOT recommend amoma.com

Boston...
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone heard of AMOMA.COM?

I also booked a hotel for my in laws and I am leery but I will take the advice of the previous post and hopefully the hotel will have my reservation within 48 hours. I also received a voucher that I must print off of my own email addy, so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Dublin, Ireland
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anyone heard of AMOMA.COM?

I made a reservation yesterday and after reading this thread I asked the hotel (AS HOTEL LIMBIATE FIERA in Italy) to confirm and they did. pheeww. :)

So apparently it's legit