We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beaches for snorkelling

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
388 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Beaches for snorkelling

On holiday in Tossa de Mar, Spain, last year, we bought basic mask-and-snorkel sets, because the conditions there are ideal – crystal clear waters, and a sharp drop in the seabed which means there's deep water rtight up to the shoreline, allowing shoals of fish to swim right up close to the beach.

We loved it, and we're keen to keep on with our new "toys". Where in Italy is good for snorkelling? And what would conditions be like in September? Chilly, or not? Thanks

Italy
Level Contributor
6,055 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beaches for snorkelling

September is good month because the sea will be warm. There are many places in Italy that will fit your requirements: Puglia, Sardinia, Sicily. I'd check which one has better flight connections with your nearest airport.

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
388 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beaches for snorkelling

Thanks, Tabata, that's exactly what I need – some starting points for further research. :)

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
103,665 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Beaches for snorkelling

Sicily is wonderful for snorkeling and diving!

Scuba Diving in Sicily:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187886-i343-k3638…

Enjoy!

Vagabonda

4. Re: Beaches for snorkelling

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 February 2015, 06:17