We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trains for Venice to Florence

Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
Trains for Venice to Florence

Hi, I would like to know if the economy class trains can accommodate full size luggage in the overhead and under the seat, and, is there an extra charge for this service.

Watertown, MA
Level Contributor
2,627 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trains for Venice to Florence

what is your idea of full sized luggage? There are overhead racks but I have found on some train classes that you would have lift your luggage over your head, which would be very difficult if it is heavy. Plus the case may not fit.

Depending on the type of train sometimes there are areas in the middle of the carriage which will fit quite large suitcases but often times large pieces can be stored at the end of the carriage.

there is not an extra charge for luggage but train travel is much more enjoyable if you can lift your luggage into the train and store it out of the way.

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
28,917 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Trains for Venice to Florence

And what is an economy class train?

There are Economy tickets on the Frecciargento trains between Venice and Florence, but these tickets are not for special trains - they are simply cheap advance tickets, and you could well be sitting right next to someone who has paid the full on-the-day Base price. Frecciargento trains have racks on which you can stow larger luggage, in addition to the overhead storage.

Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Trains for Venice to Florence

Thanks for your response. I tried to get fares for June 30 with no results. I thought ticket sales opened 120 days before departure date. Am I missing something?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
39,551 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Trains for Venice to Florence

They usually reload schedules starting at some early point in June and so tickets are often available the usual 120 days in advance; just keep checking periodically - if you can't buy them, no one else can either.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
84,612 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trains for Venice to Florence

Trenitalia has a timetable change on 15 June, and train times after that date are not yet decided. Based on experience in past years, the times probably will not be available until mid-April or even May. You just have to keep checking the Trenitalia web site.

Italo already has times published until October. www.italotreno.it

Edited: 05 March 2014, 01:02
6. Re: Trains for Venice to Florence

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 March 2015, 05:20