We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Italy! urgent!

Kuwait City, Kuwait
11 posts
Save Topic
Italy! urgent!

Hello im thinking to travel to italy this year (mid of aug.) i already been before to Rome, milan, venice, florence, verona, naples, positano, capri, sorrento and siena.

this time i want to go to new cities i never been to.. iwas thinking of genoa, portofino, manarola and forte dei marmi.. and then fly to sicily and sardinia but im nt sure about all of them i need ur help plz..

im 24 years old and ill go with my husband who is the same age as i am.. we are looking to see beautiful and amazing veiws but we are nt going to swim.. but we dnt mind sea cities or islands. we love to walk around the city.. sit in the restuarants.. shopping.. we love to see peaple walking.. we dnt like quite cities with no ppl.. plz suggest for us nice cities in italy. And the cities i mentioned are they nice? and are all of them worth to stay a night or more? our holiday is 24 days. plz help me in details. thankyou so much:)

1. Re: Italy! urgent!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 06 March 2014, 10:05
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
86,182 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Italy! urgent!

If you are travelling in August, I do not understand why your question is urgent. And all the questions here are about Italy, so a more descriptive title would be more helpful.

There are hundreds of places in Italy that are worth visiting, and you will never find a city with no people. You and your husband should read some guide books about Italy and decide which places would be intersting to you.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,654 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Italy! urgent!

Look at Sicily some of everything you are looking for,

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
33,221 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Italy! urgent!

What is so urgent about this? Your trip is not for several months.

Get a guide book to help you determine where you want to go and what you want to see. No one can make those decisions for you.

Donna

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,318 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Italy! urgent!

OK. lots of people like Rome, milan, venice, florence, verona, naples, positano, capri, sorrento and siena.

It is fitting these into a good trip that takes 24 days that is important.

First, is the 24 days time "on the ground" or does it include travel days?

Where are you flying into?

What city are you flying out of (they do NOT ned to be the same for good airfares)

Start to group your cities

Venice goes with Verona (and Padua)

Naples with Pompeii, Sorrento, Capri, Positano

Florence with Siena (and Pisa and Lucca)

Choose bases and then choose places to see.

Break up your itinerary into time in each place.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
100,732 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Italy! urgent!

Italians holiday in August fleeing the hot cities for resort areas.

The middle of August (Ferragosto) is the peak of the high tourist season when the islands, coastal areas, beach resorts, and mountain resorts are crowded and most expensive.

Some accommodations at resorts would require a week's stay.

Vagabonda

7. Re: Italy! urgent!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 March 2015, 07:23