We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arriving in Venice

Montreal
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Arriving in Venice

I'm arriving in Venice in June. What's the best way to get to my hotel and maybe see some of the city at the same time? I'll be staying 3 nights and then traveling to Florence by train. Any suggestions of where to stay in these 2 places and also, any hints for the train. I'm very excited about the trip so any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,886 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arriving in Venice

The best way to get to your hotel depends on where your hotel is located and where you are starting from (airport, train station).

For the best prices on the fast trains, book direct with the operator as far ahead as possible. Trenitalia tickets go on sale 4 months before travel, and Italo is available until October. The cheapest tickets often sell out quickly. Discounted ticket prices keep going up as the travel date gets closer.

You can get train times and costs from www.trenitalia.com clicking on the UK flag to change to English and using the Italian names for towns, or from the competitor on major routes http://www.italotreno.it/EN

Tallahassee, Florida
Level Contributor
1,945 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Arriving in Venice

You can go on www.venere.com and sort by price. If you're coming to Venice this June, you need to make reservations soon, your choices will be limited so looking at the venere website will show you what's available.

Montreal
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Arriving in Venice

I've rented an apartment right near San Tomà square. The owner has suggested that I take the ATVO and then public boat line 2. Thoughts?

Thanks.

4. Re: Arriving in Venice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 March 2015, 04:49