We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tuscany in August

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Tuscany in August

Hi all,

My extended family is considering renting a house in Tuscany for a week this August (likely Aug. 9-16). I know that tends to be prime vacation season in Europe, so I'm wondering:

--Will everything nearby (day trips in Florence, Pisa, Bologna, etc.) be overwhelmingly crowded?

--Will secondary destinations be closed because all those people are traveling themselves? I recall summers in Europe meaning things are either crazy crowded or closed.

--Would it be ill-advised to try a 1-2 day venture into Rome? Or will that just be too nuts?

--Should I be booking my flights ASAP? Or is there a prime time to book, with a possible break in prices, in the next month or two?

Thanks!

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
1,585 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tuscany in August

Tuscany is very hot and also busy in August.

Rome is even hotter (the Romans leave their city in August)

But I don't expect any attraction etc. to close.

To much business walking around, from all across the world!

2. Re: Tuscany in August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 March 2015, 04:35