We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

WHERE can I buy curling iron and hair dryer once in Rome?

Horseshoe Bay, Texas
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
WHERE can I buy curling iron and hair dryer once in Rome?

Everyone seems to say we should buy our hair dryers and curling irons after we get to Italy but hardly ever mention WHERE! I'm good with making that purchase after I arrive but no clue where to look for decent brand or price. This will be my 3rd trip to Italy but have much longer hair now.....didnt need those appliances last time and not really interested in cutting it off. Lol. So if you have the names of good shops to buy these things, that would be fabulous! Will be in Italy for 16 days starting in Rome, which is where I need store names. Thanks. :-)

13 replies to this topic
Naperville, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Naperville
Level Contributor
932 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: WHERE can I buy curling iron and hair dryer once in Rome?

If you are staying in a hotel, you shouldn't need to buy the hair dryer as most hotels have them. I would just ask at the front desk for the closest place to buy the curling iron.

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
21,097 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: WHERE can I buy curling iron and hair dryer once in Rome?

My apt had a hair dryer also.

Peaks Island, Maine
Level Contributor
147 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: WHERE can I buy curling iron and hair dryer once in Rome?

Conaire sells a duel voltage ruling iron you can buy at home and bring with you.....just a switch turns from one to the other.

United States
Level Contributor
9,738 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: WHERE can I buy curling iron and hair dryer once in Rome?

Hair dryers and curling irons can be found at department stores like COIN or electronic stores like Euronics both of which have locations at Rome Termini.

Even though dual voltage appliances can be bought in the US, they sometimes don't work at full power when used on the higher voltage. You will also still need the plug adaptor.

TAB

Edited: 23 March 2014, 15:54
Horseshoe Bay, Texas
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: WHERE can I buy curling iron and hair dryer once in Rome?

Grazie, TAB! That is exactly the info I needed! Now if I can just figure out that 'pack light' thing. Lol!

Rancho Cucamonga...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: WHERE can I buy curling iron and hair dryer once in Rome?

thank you! I needed this information too! Last year I brought all my converters to Germany/France and they didn't work but for a few minutes and was so frustrating, but when I found in stores was so expensive I just gave up!

Singapore, Singapore
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: WHERE can I buy curling iron and hair dryer once in Rome?

Are the hair dryers expensive in Coin? The hair dryer in my hotel is too weak, it's weaker than a fan. Omg any idea where I can buy a cheap hair dryer? I have 2 good ones back at home

Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
14,313 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: WHERE can I buy curling iron and hair dryer once in Rome?

My favorite shop in Rome for this type of item is in the Ghetto, on Via del Portico D'Ottavia where it is intersected by Via del Tempio. I don't know the name of the shop but it has yellow lintels over the door and windows.

1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: WHERE can I buy curling iron and hair dryer once in Rome?

Thanks this will be my second trip and I tell you. Not being able to use my flat iron was a problem.

Rome, Italy
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: WHERE can I buy curling iron and hair dryer once in Rome?

Coin DOES NOT sell hair dryers or flat irons. I found hair electronics at Jamstation 2 blocks from Coin. Good prices, good products and I hot free samples of products.

Edited: 19 May 2017, 10:42
Reply to: WHERE can I buy curling iron and hair dryer once in Rome?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted