We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Italy in January---Please Help!!!!

Washington DC...
2 posts
Save Topic
Italy in January---Please Help!!!!

I am planning a trip to Venice, Florence, and Rome for early January 2015. I am restricted on travel dates as I am in school and work full time. However, I am taking my mom and a few friends are also going with us. I don't want them to be miserable because of the weather. We live in DC, so are used to all sorts of seasons. Suggestions/Advice??

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
20,394 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Italy in January---Please Help!!!!

I have been in Rome and Florence in Feb. Florence in Feb was n ot mcuh idffernt than Rome in termperature. Only been to Vencie in April.

Italy as far south as Rome and further south is not all that cold in the winter. It's not Bikini weather but it's really moderate

Pictures to show Winter temp in Bay of Naples/Rome Foilage and clothing in picts show that it is not like visiting Jamaica, but it's pretty moderate. Maybe it's just me though coming from the Great Frozen American Heartland?

Average high/l;ow for end of Dec in Rome is 10/3 (deg C) or 51/38 deg F

www.wunderground.com/NORMS/DisplayNORMS.asp…

Rome Dec 2006

www.slowphotos.com/photo/showphoto.php…

Pompeii Feb 2006. it got too warm in the sun to wear my cardigan

Capri Feb2007

Ischia Feb 2007

Sorrento Feb 2006

Rome Feb 2005

Rome Feb 2008

2. Re: Italy in January---Please Help!!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 April 2015, 07:16