We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to distribute days between Paris, Rome and Venice?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
116 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
How to distribute days between Paris, Rome and Venice?

I am going to a 2 week vacation to the 3 cities in September. How should I distribute my days betwewen these 3 cities?

For now, I am thinking

6 nights in Paris

(Fly from Paris to Venice on 7th day - 2 hour flight)

Stay at Venice for 3 nights

(Train from Venice to Rome the next day-4 hour train)

4 nights in Rome

Does it look like a good time distribution?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
41,092 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: How to distribute days between Paris, Rome and Venice?

Only you can know that - decide how many days in each place based on what all you plan to see there - that's how I figure out my days in a place.

Four days could never be enough for me in Rome but that's me and with all that I enjoy doing there -

A good guidebook will give you a good idea of how to plan your time/days.

IF I was forced to decide - it would be 5 in Paris, 5 in Rome, 3 in Venice - but, again, everyone is different. Factor in traveling time - it will not be a full 5 or 6 or whatever days in any of these places as half of 3 of the days will be devoted to travel time.

Atlanta/Venice
Level Contributor
10 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to distribute days between Paris, Rome and Venice?

Too much time wasted in travel ( and recovery from it). Bite the bullet, and eliminate one city. They will all be there in the future. I live in Venice several months a year and never tire of it, but if you are a beginner, Paris/Rome would be better. And when you get bored with Rome ( as one often does) the train to Venice is four to five hours.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
41,092 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How to distribute days between Paris, Rome and Venice?

I keep waiting to get bored with Rome - so far, not even close.

You do need to calculate your travel time so you realize how much time you will be losing. If you want one in each country choose Paris and either Rome or Venice -

Just be realistic about traveling involved -

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13,956 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to distribute days between Paris, Rome and Venice?

Is this your first trip to Europe? With two weeks and two days out of that would be eaten by travel to and from home, leaving you only 12 days and out of that travel between cities take up a lot of the day. I'd go to two MAX. Or just one and have a few short day trips outside.

5. Re: How to distribute days between Paris, Rome and Venice?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 April 2015, 07:16