We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train from Venice to Naples

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Train from Venice to Naples

Hi Guys,

I need to get the train from Venice to Naples for the 24th of July.

The earliest train I can find on Trenitalia is at 6:15am at Venice, this requires me to change trains at Rome. We will get to Rome at 9:35am and will need to get on another train that leaves at 10am

My questions is, is 25 mins enough time to change trains? Keeping in mind the train may not be exactly on time/schedule. I believe the train station at Rome is fairly large, will we be able to find the right platform in time.

What are my other options if this is too rushed? I need to get to Pompeii as early as possible on this day

Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
14,202 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train from Venice to Naples

That's plenty of time. The on-time percentage for the Freccia trains is very good and while the station is large, the platforms are fairly close together and you'll have no problem finding and getting to your next train.

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
30,143 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Train from Venice to Naples

Where on earth are you finding these train times?

There is a direct train from Firenze S. M. Novella to Napoli Centrale at 06.50 arriving in Naples at 09.55

The 10.00 departure from Roma Termini is also a direct train from Firenze S. M. Novella, from where it departs at 08.19.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train from Venice to Naples

Hi Perilizia,

I am coming from Venice not Florence

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
30,143 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Train from Venice to Naples

Sorry. Must have had a brainstorm!

As Elstravels has said, you'll have no problems in Roma Termini.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Train from Venice to Naples

Thank you both :)

Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
14,202 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Train from Venice to Naples

FYI, you can see a map of Termini station here: http://www.romatermini.com/en/map/

GAC
Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Sardinia
Level Contributor
8,828 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Train from Venice to Naples

IF you were to MISS your connection when holding a DISCOUNTED fare, you would be "protected" and be given a seat on a later-departing train to your final destination, AS LONG AS your official connection time is at least 15 minutes. By contrast, if you are holding a "BASE" fare, you have a one hour grace period to re-book, free of charge, to a later-departing train in case you MISS your connection.

Rye, Australia
Level Contributor
35 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Train from Venice to Naples

I am travelling from Naples to Venice by train on the 12 th October. The site tells me that I have to change in Bologna and I only have 10 minutes to do it. Has anyone done it and are the platforms close. It looks like I will be able to book it at the end of June.

9. Re: Train from Venice to Naples

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 June 2015, 07:16