We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon in Italy? Two weeks Amalfi/Siciliy?

Scotland
10 posts
Save Topic
Honeymoon in Italy? Two weeks Amalfi/Siciliy?

Hi, my fiancée and I will planning our honeymoon and would like to go to Italy.

It will be the last week of August/first week of Sep this year and here are our thoughts:

- needs to be relaxing for post wedding but maybe not full two weeks I.e. First week chill, second week see sights

- definitely want sun/heat so thinking Amalfi coast

- I'd also like to idea of seeing another part, so first week Amalfi then second week Siciliy or Sardinia

I'm not keen on taking in a wide range of places ie multi centre, and don't want to be travelling a lot.

So would appreciate where would be good to base ourselves for beach chilling in the first week then where else to enjoy some sights/food.

Thanks

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
96,229 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon in Italy? Two weeks Amalfi/Siciliy?

Congrats JetSetChris!

Consider the Amalfi Coast or the beaches of Sardinia for your first week, and then Sicily for your second week.

Sardinia has the best beaches.

You might also consider Sardinia for your first week, and then the Amalfi Coast for your second week if you'd like to see Naples, Pompeii, Herculaneum, or Paestum.

Many pair Campania with Sicily.

You could fly from Naples to Catania, and then base in Taormina and Siracusa for your week in Sicily, or perhaps also consider Taormina and the Aeolian Islands for the week.

Best wishes!

Vagabonda

Scotland
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon in Italy? Two weeks Amalfi/Siciliy?

That's great Vagabonda, we will certainly look into that!

Can you tell me what the temperatures will be like at that time of year (end Aug/start Sep), especially for the beaches of Sardinia?

Thanks

Chris

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
39 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon in Italy? Two weeks Amalfi/Siciliy?

DEFINITELY stay in Taormina a few days! It is heaven on earth! Congrats on your upcoming nuptials!

4. Re: Honeymoon in Italy? Two weeks Amalfi/Siciliy?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 April 2015, 06:16