We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two girls aged 30 looking for sun, beaches, culture etc!

Galway, Ireland
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Two girls aged 30 looking for sun, beaches, culture etc!

Hi,

I went to San Sebastian last Summer and really loved the vibe, the food, the beach, the nightlife!

Is there an Italian version of this that anyone could recommend to me? Looking to go in July.

Thanks in advance!!

Australia
Destination Expert
for Pompeii, Herculaneum, Naples
Level Contributor
8,505 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Two girls aged 30 looking for sun, beaches, culture etc!

There's no resort style places in Italy that are like Ibiza / San Sebastián etc. I can't think of a single Italian place that has wild nightlife and binge drinking - but you will find some beautiful beaches, good food and culture. Naples has a youthful population and an abundance of good food, bars and culture - it's a short ferry trip away to the islands of Ischia and Procida for great beaches and swimming.

Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
12,871 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Two girls aged 30 looking for sun, beaches, culture etc!

Well Silvio seemed to have some wild parties and beach time on Sardegna.

Italy
Level Contributor
6,041 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Two girls aged 30 looking for sun, beaches, culture etc!

Wild party places exist in Italy but usually they aren't known for their culture.

Greater London...
Level Contributor
4,348 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Two girls aged 30 looking for sun, beaches, culture etc!

I didn't think that San Sabastian was anything like Ibiza, but as I've never been to either, I don't really know.

Lido di Jesolo is known to be lively, but, as far as I know, is primarily a resort - unlike San Sabastian. However, Venice is very near, so there's plenty of history and culture there.

Viareggio, on the Mediterranean side, is another lively resort which has Pisa, Florence and Lucca practically on its doorstep, so there history and culture all around.

Another lively place is Sorrento, from there you can visit the Amalfi coast, Naples, Pompei and Vesuvius - so there would be plenty there to keep you busy.

Italy
Level Contributor
6,041 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Two girls aged 30 looking for sun, beaches, culture etc!

Lady, I think that they are looking for a town like Milano Marittima with all night parties and lots of discos around.

Greater London...
Level Contributor
4,348 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Two girls aged 30 looking for sun, beaches, culture etc!

Oh. . . . . .I didn't think that San Sabastian was that wild - but as I said, I've never been there.

London, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Two girls aged 30 looking for sun, beaches, culture etc!

hi,if you are looking for have enjoy in nice beach,i suggest you Sardinia !!

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
101 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Two girls aged 30 looking for sun, beaches, culture etc!

I'd also suggest Sardinia, or Rimini on the adriatic coast.

Galway, Ireland
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Two girls aged 30 looking for sun, beaches, culture etc!

Hi, thanks everyone for your replies. Em, I did'nt find San Sebastian to be full of wild parties at all. There were lovely tapas bars everywhere with great wine and food and we loved that. Not looking for the Club scene at all but a few late bars would be nice as an option. Really interested in the idea of Pompeii being nearby but was not sure if the beaches were nice. Thanks a million everyone.

Italy
Level Contributor
6,041 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Two girls aged 30 looking for sun, beaches, culture etc!

Ok, I got it, I think that you should go to Puglia, the area around Fasano is beautiful and there are amazing beaches https://www.google.it/search?client=safari&hl=it&tbm=isch&q=fasano+spiagge&revid=148814140&sa=X&ei=WkFFU8nfEMXTtAaarYGIDQ&ved=0CDgQ1QIoAQ&dpr=2&biw=1024&bih=672

Good night life with bars open till late and some clubs on beaches and the food: oh my, one of the best food in Italy!