We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What city should I not pass up (in your opinion)

Tempe, Arizona
Level Contributor
22 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
What city should I not pass up (in your opinion)

I'm studying abroad this summer in Italy in an awesome program that is taking us to Venice, Rome, La Spezia, Cirque Terre and the Greek Isles. I will have one Night and day to take a day trip while I'm in La Spezia, so my question is what would you do/where would you go for that day?? See the leaning tower of Pisa, a beautiful national park, Florence, Milano, Pompeii...?? Anything! I've never been to Italy so I don't want to over look anything just because I hadn't heard of it, thanks for any replies!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
38,736 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: What city should I not pass up (in your opinion)

Look through your guidebook - that should lead you toward your choice; I would think Naples is a tad far from that start point. Personally, I'd choose Bologna - but, you have many choices and since you will need a guidebook when you are there anyway (so you know what the history/background is of all these amazing places), get it now and start to read up on your very many options.

I always factor in my own personal interests when choosing - maybe that will help a bit towards your decision making

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
3,572 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What city should I not pass up (in your opinion)

I would look into Lucca - it's not that far from La Spezia and is a charming small town - a bit storybook in quality but also an town that manages to absorb a modest amount of tourists and keep on life as normal. And it's a place you could enjoy for a short, 1 night visit.

I don't know how long you have in La Spezia and Cinque Terre, but this hike to Portovenere from La Spezia was one of the favorite things I did on my last trip to Italy: …wordpress.com/2012/…

3. Re: What city should I not pass up (in your opinion)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 April 2015, 06:17