We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what gluten free meals to order in italy?

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,927 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
what gluten free meals to order in italy?

I eat no wheat products so no pasta or pizza for me im afraid...just wondering if anyone has any favourite meals they had in italy that may be suitable for me, and how they may be written on the menu..I hope to try some fresh fish, especially in sicily. There are some gluten free posts re restaurants in venice forum i have found which will be useful. I will be over 4 weeks in italy, and wondering what I will eat especially at breakfast, as it all seems to be flour products.

I found a celiac website full of information but its all in italian!!

also how do I request wheat free meals...in italian please.

grazie♡

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
101,968 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: what gluten free meals to order in italy?

Celiac is quite prevalent among Italians.

You'll be able to eat pasta and pizza, just gluten-free.

tripadvisor.com/…42155127

Names of restaurants serving gluten free food in Taormina?:

tripadvisor.com/…38262074

gluten-free pasta:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187791-i22-k31835…

Vagabonda

2. Re: what gluten free meals to order in italy?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 April 2015, 05:16