We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Italy

Dublin, Ireland
9 posts
Save Topic
Italy

Hi

I am plan to make a trip to italy in october for 1 week. I intend to flight to piza and stay there for 3 days and then move to rome for the next 3-4 days them.

Is there much to see in piza apart for the leaning tower, would we be better to stay in florence?

We will fly out of rome at the end of the week, is a day trip to naples enough to see most of it?

Thanks

Dean

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
73,034 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Italy

Hi Dean;

This forum, the “TripAdvisor Support” forum, is for general questions and assistance using the TripAdvisor site itself.

For questions about travelling to specific destinations, you can use the destination forums. The Italy forum is here on TA;

tripadvisor.ca/ShowForum-g187768-i20-Italy.h…

I would suggest posting your query on that forum.

Best Regards

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
731 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Italy

Hi dean,

We've since moved your topic here, to the Italy forums where it belongs. Good luck with your research and happy travels!

TA_Louise

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
85,325 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Italy

There are about a day's worth of sights in Pisa, far more in Florence.

The fast trains from Rome to Naples take 70 minutes for the journey, so a day trip is very possible. You cannot see everything in Naples in a day, but you can see the highlights.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
51,918 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Italy

You could see Pisa on your first day and then move on to somewhere else. The Leaning Tower climb itself is bookable online although if you are just flying in that day, you might not want to risk missing your climb window. The entire Tower area takes about a couple of hours to roam.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
24,429 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Italy

I wouldn't even spend a night in Pisa with so little time in the area. I'd do a few things that afternoon and head for Florence for your other days.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
55 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Italy

I would agree with previous comments, I think that staying in Florence/Firenze is a better investment of your time.

I would question what exactly it is in Naples that you want to see??? If you want to see Pompeii or go to Sorrento you could look at a day trip if that is really all the time you have. But I would advise being very specific on what you want to see......otherwise the time might be best spent in one of the other places you will already be. Keep in mind that there is sooooo much to see everywhere - I spend a couple of months in Italy every couple of years and haven't even begun to scrap the top off what there is to see.....so think about what you are interested in and target your time.

Have a great trip. :)

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
189 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Italy

Pisa is a nice little town, not much more to see except the leaning tower. I suggest you stay in Florence, one of the highlights of any trip to Italy.

You can easily travel to Florence from Pisa by train (1 hour or so).

Enjoy your stay

JP

www.delightfullyitaly.com

8. Re: Italy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 April 2015, 05:17