We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Daily budget allowance, Positano

London
Level Contributor
42 posts
784 reviews
Save Topic
Daily budget allowance, Positano

I've travelled a lot, but never been to Italy. I've booked for two weeks as a surprise for my partner to Positano.

I understand it's expensive, but wanted to know from anyone that has been here for this length of time and how much I should allow for daily spend. From food, to buses/taxis, beaches, tours etc.

I like very much to relax, so probably spend most of the time by pools or on beaches, but maybe trips to Capri or surrounding areas.

How much should I allow without having to scrimp but also not break the bank!

Many thanks!

Trenino Pippo
Sightseeing Tours
Genova Turgid
Cultural Tours, Walking Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Dafne
Sightseeing Tours
London
Level Contributor
42 posts
784 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Daily budget allowance, Positano

Any help!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
43,610 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Daily budget allowance, Positano

It's pretty hard to say - everyone has their own budget and interests.

I would say probably 100 euros per day (food, beach chair, boat trips, bus tickets, etc) - per person. Could be less, could be a lot more - depending on where you eat and what you do with your day.

All restaurants and cafes have their menus with prices posted; you can easily look up the boat prices for Capri:

www.capri.net

Personally, I can't eat two full meals a day - I don't at home or when traveling so I would have a small breakfast and then have either lunch or dinner (usually around 40 plus euros - again, if piazza, it is less) and then if hungry for something later, I would pick up a gelato or sit in a cafe for a drink and dessert. Always have some items in my room fridge, and some wine, to enjoy on my terrace certain times.

3. Re: Daily budget allowance, Positano

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 April 2015, 05:16