We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trenitalia CartaFreccia Question

Great Barrington...
Level Contributor
4,262 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Trenitalia CartaFreccia Question

I visit Italy on a regular basis and purchase train tickets on each visit. I would like to sign up for the CartaFreccia loyalty discount program. It requires the applicant to enter a country of residence. It looks like every country in the world, except "USA" or "United States" is listed.

How does one sign up for the program if "USA" is not listed?

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
3,907 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Trenitalia CartaFreccia Question

The Card is limited to Italian residents.

Great Barrington...
Level Contributor
4,262 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trenitalia CartaFreccia Question

Why is every other country in the world listed?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
41,503 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Trenitalia CartaFreccia Question

I too believe it is just for Italian residents but have you tried "stati uniti" -- that is United States in Italian.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
3,907 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Trenitalia CartaFreccia Question

When I pull up the registration page it gives options of many countries for place of birth but for mailing address it has only Italian options.

Great Barrington...
Level Contributor
4,262 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trenitalia CartaFreccia Question

I have an Italian mailing address. However, I was not born in any of the listed countries.

Great Barrington...
Level Contributor
4,262 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trenitalia CartaFreccia Question

Hold the presses! I just got a response from Trenitalia. They say it is under "Stati Uniti D America".

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
41,503 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Trenitalia CartaFreccia Question

As I said in my earlier post….

good luck

8. Re: Trenitalia CartaFreccia Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 July 2016, 16:00
9. Re: Trenitalia CartaFreccia Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 July 2015, 07:16