We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guided tours in major cities of Italy

Gold coast
Level Contributor
102 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Guided tours in major cities of Italy

My husband and I are having a wonderful 30 th anniversary trip to Italy in September.

I have booked accomodation, have read here in the forum on itinaries and train travel ( thanks guys for all the useful info!).

What I would like to get are your opinions on guided tours in Rome, Florence and venice.

They sometimes seem quite expensive and we really are quite comfortable in exploring ourselves.

Are there any though that really should not be missed? Or are there some that you feel are so good and informative that are worth the Money? Have looked at walking tours of Italy and the Vatican and historical tours look great but when you add a few tours is quite expensive.

Thanks in advance. Tanya

CA
Level Contributor
6,365 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Guided tours in major cities of Italy

I can highly recommend the small group Vatican/St Peters tour offered by italywithus.

Gold coast
Level Contributor
102 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Guided tours in major cities of Italy

Thank you for your recommendation looks good on the website and significantly cheaper than the other tour company I looked up.

Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
9,621 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Guided tours in major cities of Italy

mv.vatican.va is the official website for tours of the Vatican Museums and St. Peters Basilica.

All three cities are quite walkable, a good guidebook will have a map and you'll see the proximity of the sites.

For instance, in the Rome Forum, to the right, you'll see Top Questions with information for pre-booking/tour of the Colosseum, etc..

The "Top Questions" in each Forum has pertinent information to each city.

Cinque Terre, Italy
Destination Expert
for Cinque Terre, Monterosso al Mare, Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
1,518 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Guided tours in major cities of Italy

I have heard great things about the city walks and foodie tours that bella vita italia does, though I've never taken one.

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
31,357 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Guided tours in major cities of Italy

I suggest booking a tour of the Vatican museums with the official site.

…vatican.va/3_EN/…MV_Info_Consigli.html

There is no need to go through a private company for a tour like this. You can also book a tour of the underground at the colosseum. Read the "sticky" at the top of the Rome forum page to see how to do that.

Donna

6. Re: Guided tours in major cities of Italy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 May 2015, 06:15