We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunflowers in late July, early August in Italy

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Sunflowers in late July, early August in Italy

Hi,

I'm going to be travelling around Italy in late July and early August and an desperate to see and hopefully walk in a Sunflower field. I will be spending time in Venice, Cinque Terre/Florence/Pisa, Rome, and Naples. I will be alone or with a companion at times.

Would anyone know if there are there any sunflower fields blooming at this time near any of these areas?

I have found old references to sunflower fields here and there but nothing concrete. I am looking for a sunflower field tour, but if there are none available then does anyone know how I could make my own way to one?

Thanks

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
2,325 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunflowers in late July, early August in Italy

The problem is that you list all cities (other than the CT) and nothing in the countryside - where the sunflowers are. Your timeframe might be a bit late too, they might be past their peak. Though last year the sunflowers started pretty late due to all the rain and cold. I don't know of any "Sunflower Tours" and without a car, not sure how you could create your own. You need to get out into the countryside of Tuscany or Umbria - they are everywhere during June/July. Traveling by train or bus to some of your locations, you may see them out the window.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunflowers in late July, early August in Italy

I'll be travelling between these cities by train and am likely taking day trips to nearby towns in the countryside, so hopefully I'll catch a glimpse of some here and there if I'm not too late as you said. Thank you for your reply :)

3. Re: Sunflowers in late July, early August in Italy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 May 2015, 06:17