We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help needed for Itinerary

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
50 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Help needed for Itinerary

Here is what I have presently. We are a young couple visiting Italy in middle september.

We take a night flight on 11 september and we will arrive in Rome at 9AM on September 12.

From Rome, we go straight to Venice on September 12 by train.

Venice: 12-13-14 [3 Nights, 2 days and half] (We leave Venice on September 15 morning to Florence)

Florence 15-16-17 [3 Nights, 2 days and half] (We leave Florence for Cinque Terre on September 18 Morning)

Cinque Terre 18-19-20 [3 Nights, 2 days and half] (We leave Cinque Terre and go to Napoli/Amalfi Coast/Sorrento on September 20 Morning)

Napoli/Amalfi/Sorrento 20-21-22 [3 Nights, 2 days and half] (We leave Napoli to Rome on September 22 morning)

Rome 22-23-24-25-26-27 [5 Nights, 5 Days and Half] (We take the plane back home on 27)

I think that we need to spend more time in Cinque Terre and Florence and I wonder if we can spend less time in Rome? We are not museum junkies so we are fine if we don't see all the museums possible during that trip.

Thanks for your help

Likely To Sell Out
Vatican Museums Skip the Line Tour...
23,213 Reviews
from US$79.10*
Likely To Sell Out
Sistine Chapel VIP Private Viewing...
534 Reviews
from US$414.10*
Likely To Sell Out
Rome Colosseum Underground Chambers...
2,882 Reviews
from US$124.20*
Likely To Sell Out
Tuscany in One Day Sightseeing Tour
6,799 Reviews
from US$112.90*
San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
11,800 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help needed for Itinerary

There is so much to see in Rome and the time which you have allotted is quite good. However, if many of these historic sights are not of interest then you can extend your time in the other two places.

Venice can easily be seen in 2 days. There is a lot to see in Florence, but it again revolves around art and architecture. The countryside outside of Florence is quite nice and worth a look.

Cinque Terre is quite nice but two days are plenty for this area.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
43,097 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Help needed for Itinerary

I would choose either the CT or the Amalfi Coast - it is a long (long) haul from CT to the CT so you will lose pretty much an entire day just getting there. They are both seaside areas that are beautiful, with the CT villages being even smaller than the AC ones. I'd choose one or the other area.

You have yourself arriving in the AC on the 20, leaving early on the 22nd so your 3 nights, 2.5 days does not add up. At most with that schedule you have 1.25 days.

Rome is much more than museums - as your guidebook will attest - but, figure out what you want to see and then decide if you want to take a day away from it based on your choices of places you wish to visit in Rome.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
50 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help needed for Itinerary

I'm interested in historic sights and architecture, I am just not fan of paintings.

EDIT: Momcat1992, you are right, I did some mistakes in the schedule, I will fix it!

Edited: 09 May 2014, 21:08
4. Re: Help needed for Itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 May 2015, 06:18
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor