We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private Tour Itinerary in Italy

London, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Private Tour Itinerary in Italy

Hi,

I am planning for a trip around Italy with 2 couples in their 60s from Asia, one of them is not quite mobile. Therefore the plan is to visit key tourist attractions in each area. We will be flying from London to Italy. I am looking at 10 days’ trip with a brief itinerary below and looking at using a private tour (who will drive us from one point to another) for convenience. I would appreciate some tips and comments on the itinerary, route and suggestions on accommodation.

Key locations : Rome (2 nights), Florence, Pisa (Florence & Pisa – 2 nights), Venice (1-2 nights)

Optional : Tuscany (1 night), Milan, Amalfi Coast/Pompeii (1 night)

Day 1 & 2 : Arrival in Rome and tour around Rome. (2 nights)

Day 3 : Travel to Amalfi Coast & tour around Amalfi Coast & Pompeii (1 night)

Day 4, 5 & 6 : Travel to Tuscany. Tour around Tuscany, Florence, Siena, Pisa (3 nights)

Day 7 & 8 : Travel to Venice & tour around Venice (2 nights)

Day 9 & 10 : Option for Milan and travel back to Rome (flights back to London). Possible route via the coast from Pisa to Rome.

Pompeii / Amalfi Coast on Day 3 - Is it worth the trip for the 2 more elderly couples?

Read some reviews, Cinque Terre is not highly recommended?

In terms of accommodation, am considering service apartments for 5 people. The cost is about the same as hotels which charged by per person.

The plan is to fly from London to Rome and then from Milan/Venice to London. However, as it’s from different arrival and departure point in Italy, the flights are more expensive.

Appreciate suggestions on better options on travel arrangement, private tour companies and accommodation.

Thank you in advance for your input and comments!

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
33,205 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Private Tour Itinerary in Italy

You plan to visit 7 places in 10 days with 2 elderly couples, one of who has mobility issues? Good luck.

I think you have way over planned this trip. It's too much travel and not enough site seeing. You have 2 nights listed for Rome which means one day.

Day 3 you plan to travel from Rome to the Amafi coast, site seeing there and visit Pompeii? There are not enough hours in the day to do half of this. The next morning you are traveling to Tuscany where you are staying 3 nights but have 3 cities listed to visit. It will be impossible to do this.

I think you need to cut out half of your itinerary. Talk to the couples you are planning this for and figure out the 2 cities they are the most interested in. Split your time between those cities. Perhaps add one day trip from each city but no more. As it is you'll spend more time on the train than actually visiting Italy.

Donna

London, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Private Tour Itinerary in Italy

Thanks Donna for your valuable feedback. With this, I will rework the itinerary.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,094 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Private Tour Itinerary in Italy

You should check out: http://nadasitaly.com/ She may be exactly what looking for. Her guides use 6 passenger vans with driver and guide. Amazing service...

4. Re: Private Tour Itinerary in Italy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 May 2015, 05:17