We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best plan to travel through Italy?

Alliston, Canada
Level Contributor
10 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Best plan to travel through Italy?

My husband and I will be spending 21 days in Italy and 4 in Paris. We will be landing in Rome and departing to go home from Paris.

While in Italy we plan on staying in Rome, Amalfi Coast, Florence, Venice, Cinque Terre. I believe in that order - any suggestions? I would think they best way to get around to and from each city would be by train - any suggestions?

I believe the nearest airport to CT is in Genoa, where we would catch a flight to Paris.

As this will be our first time travelling Italy and planning the trip on our own, any recommendations/advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
33,146 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best plan to travel through Italy?

I would see if you could catch a flight from Venice to Paris. That way you could visit Rome, AC, Florence, CT and Venice. This will prevent some back tracking as the CT is very easy to get to from Florence.

Just take the train from area to area.

Donna

2. Re: Best plan to travel through Italy?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 May 2015, 07:16