We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rome with one year old

Hartsdale, New York
Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Rome with one year old

I am going to be staying in rome for one week. I'm looking into renting an apartment. What neighborhoods are best for sightseeing during the day and accessible to restaurants for the evening( looking for walking distance for the evening)

Thanks!

Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
10,964 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rome with one year old

These 2 sites let your look for lodging by location, price and amenities - read the reviews!!

www.booking.com and www.venere.com There's also vrbo.com, sleepinitaly and homeway.com.

Piazza Navona, Pantheon & Trevi Fountain are more central and thus cost more, the Termini & Vatican area are less and a short distance from centro storico.

The map in your guidebook will show you the proximity of the sites, Rome is quite walkable.

This link is from the Rome Forum, re: Renting an Apartment: tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187791-c162553/Rome:…

Hartsdale, New York
Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rome with one year old

Thanks for the tips!!

Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
14,202 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rome with one year old

Slowtrav is another good resource for information on rentals in Italy. They aren't an agency so they're not selling anything, but the articles in their "instruction for visitors" section are very helpful: http://www.slowtrav.com/italy/

Slowtrav used to be my primary resource for rental reviews, as I know that they are/were strictly reviewed and vetted before posting, but traffic on the site seems to have fallen off and most of the reviews are now several years old.

4. Re: Rome with one year old

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 May 2015, 06:16