We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bergamo to CT

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
279 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Bergamo to CT

I am taking the familly to Italy. My daughter is studying in Spain and trying to get her to us in Cinque Terra for a long weekend while we are there. Found cheap tickets to Bergamo airport. Does anyone know the best way to get from Bergamo to CT? It looks like you can take a bus from bergamo to milano and then a train to La Spezia but that is a lot of transfers. Any better way? (these won't be really experienced travellers).....thanks

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
279 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bergamo to CT

Also, I am thinking about taking her to Florence and then having her get back to Bergamo from there on the way home so any tips there are also appreciated....thanks,

La Spezia, Italy
Destination Expert
for La Spezia, Porto Venere, Lerici
Level Contributor
3,412 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bergamo to CT

I have used Bergamo a couple of times this year to avoid flying out of Stansted.

In February I flew into Bergamo then took the Bus to Milan Centrale and picked up my inter city train to La Spezia Centrale this stopped in Monterosso so no changes required for the Cinque Terre

At Easter I had a later flight so stayed over in Bergamo then took the train the next morning to Milan Centrale and again my onward connection to La Spezia Centrale which also stopped in Monterosso,

There is not really any alternative by public transport for getting to the cinque Terre from Bergamo

To Florence there are the odd direct trains from Monterosso otherwise changes in La Spezia and Pisa may be required. From Florence you can get a direct train back to Milan and then the bus back to the airport

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
29,829 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bergamo to CT

Depending where she is in Spain, a better route would be to fly to Pisa or Genoa, both of which have direct flights from Spain and are much nearer the Cinque Terre.

From Bergamo in summer, there is one direct train each day on Saturdays and Sundays to the Cinque Terre, if the timetable this year once released is the same as previous years. But to get that train you have to get to Bergamo station from the airport, so the route described by Cudgey is just as simple and much more frequent.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
279 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bergamo to CT

OK.thanks... Was hoping there was a better way. She is coming from Seville and the air routes don't seem to be frequent to pisa or Genoa.

Roma
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
11,968 posts
602 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bergamo to CT

Don't Forget that Bergamo is an amazing town and might become a part of the itinerary on its own.

La Spezia, Italy
Destination Expert
for La Spezia, Porto Venere, Lerici
Level Contributor
3,412 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bergamo to CT

I forgot to add that really enjoyed my two visits to Berrgamo and would like to stay there longer next time

7. Re: Bergamo to CT

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 May 2015, 06:16