We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sicily or Sardinia (1 week)?

Milan, Italy
1 post
Save Topic
Sicily or Sardinia (1 week)?

Hi,

I am alone in Milan and thinking about going to somewhere in the last week of june. Would you recomend me Sicily or Sardinia? I was researching about Sicily and I was thinking in Catania, Siracusa and Taormina. I want to go to the beach, but I love culture also. Plus: I don't know how to drive, so I am in doubt how many days I should stay in each city or if its better to go to Sardinia.

Thanks in advance,

Rachel

Likely To Sell Out
Skip the Line: St Peter’s and Sistine...
22,972 reviews
from US$75.90*
Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: Sistine Chapel Viewing...
530 reviews
from US$410.50*
Likely To Sell Out
Ancient Rome and Colosseum Tour...
2,819 reviews
from US$123.10*
Likely To Sell Out
Tuscany in One Day Sightseeing Tour
6,701 reviews
from US$111.90*
Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
105,237 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sicily or Sardinia (1 week)?

Although Sardinia has many beautiful beaches, a week would be a perfect amount of time for Sicily.

Divide your time between Taormina and Siracusa. You could easily use public transport to get around, and also enjoy beaches and culture.

Visit Catania from Taormina or Siracusa early in the morning any day of the week but Sunday, because the market is closed on Sundays.

Vagabonda

2. Re: Sicily or Sardinia (1 week)?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 June 2015, 06:17