We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to plan 2 weeks in Italy

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
How to plan 2 weeks in Italy

Hello,

I'm planning to spend 2 weeks in Italy with my wife and 10 months old baby. We'll arrive to Rome on July 27 evening and We'll leave on August 11 evening.

We want to see Rome, Florence and Venice but we don't know how much time we should spend in each city and if we will have time to visit other places.

Appreciate any advice that can help us organise our holiday.

Thanks.

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
30,810 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to plan 2 weeks in Italy

The best way to determine how long you need for a city is to make a list of what you want to see and do in that city. You may find you need a lot longer in one place and less time in another. Get a good guide book and make a list of sites you wish to see. With that list we can tell you how many days you'll need to do all the activities you have listed.

Donna

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to plan 2 weeks in Italy

Thanks Donna. Agree with you. I went the other day to get the lonely planet but there was different version for Italy and I got confused. Any recommendation on a good guide ?

The idea is to visit the main monuments in Rome, Coliseum, Pantheon, Trevi fountain, some museums, the Vatican (not sure what is the best way to do it with a baby!) and mainly walk around and see the city.

In Florence, I heard that there is a lot of nice places around, so we would like to visit the city and find a nice calm place where we can relax few days.

Venise, I saw many comments in the forum saying that 2 days is enough but still didn't really look at it.

I know this is not very precise but this is the high level plan. I will try to do some research soon.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
6 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to plan 2 weeks in Italy

I would recommend that you study Rick Steves' book. Hope this reaches you in time for your planning. Have a good time!

4. Re: How to plan 2 weeks in Italy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2015, 07:15