My wife and I will be making our first trip to Italy. Our plan is to rent a car and drive. We want to have the option of stopping to visit or explore when we like. We are not big on tours and buses. We fly in to Rome and will spend our first night in Rome. On day two we will drive to Florence and the Tuscany area. .Our plan is to spend two days and two nights in the Florence area. On day four our plan is to drive to Venice and spend two more days and nights in the Venice area. On day six we will be driving to the Amalfi Coast and stay in Positano for three night. The last day we will head back to Rome where we will fly out the following day. Would like some advice or suggestions on the following.....
1. Are we nuts to be driving ourselves on this trip?
2. Give me two things we do not want to miss in Rome.
3. We have TWO days to explore Florence. Give us some ideas on what we should not miss. Best Restraunts. Best areas to stay. (we like too stay in 4 and 5 star hotels)
4. We have TWO days to explore Venice Give us some advice on what we need to see. Best restraunts and best hotel to stay.
5. Our last three days will be in Positano or Amalfi Coast, give us some ides on what we should see, best restraunts, best hotels to stay. Thank-you for your help!Edited: 10 June 2014, 02:05