We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

International calling card for phone service.

Middletown, Rhode...
Level Contributor
195 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
International calling card for phone service.

In the U.S. you are able to buy International calling cards in many stores. The card lets you make an International phone call to another country by calling the company number on the card and then dialing your PIN and then the foreign number you want to call. The rates are cheap. Can anyone tell me if there is such a cord offered in Italy and if so where you purchase the card? I want to give this card to someone in Italy so that they can call me in the U.S.

Thank you,

Toms

Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
10,095 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: International calling card for phone service.

There are several, you can buy them at the tabacci shops. A couple of years ago there was one for 5 Euro and you had 300 minutes - calling the US from a landline. If you used a payphone it 'ate' minutes quickly. I remember they specifically had USA on them. If memory serves, after it's used the 1st time it's good for 3 or 6 months (or when you've used the 300 minutes of course)..

Middletown, Rhode...
Level Contributor
195 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: International calling card for phone service.

How about if you use a cell phone and not a landline? Expensive or the same per minute?

New York City, New...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: International calling card for phone service.

There is actually a device that lets you use your landline and its cheaper than calling cards. They are called VOIP devices. Many different brands offer these devices and the price will vary according to the location you are calling from. This device is a usb that goes into you computer and then it allows you to just pick up a landline and call internationally. There is a widget that I found that lets you compare the prices of different brands and locations.

business2community.com/communications/pick-p…

4. Re: International calling card for phone service.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2015, 05:15