We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trenitalia tickets

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
6 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Trenitalia tickets

Hi,

I've booked tickets from Rome to Florence and back, along with Florence to Venice and back. (as a non registered user)

I received email confirmations for the same. Do I need to do something else or just take the tickets, sit in the train and show my tickets?

Also, I read somewhere that one needs to stamp tickets while boarding trains, and there is a fine of 50 Euros + cost of ticket for defaulters. What exactly is stamping? And how do I get this done?

Likely To Sell Out
Vatican Museums Skip the Line Tour...
23,440 Reviews
from US$82.50*
Likely To Sell Out
Sistine Chapel VIP Private Viewing...
538 Reviews
from US$412.60*
Likely To Sell Out
Tuscany 1-Day Sightseeing Tour with...
6,899 Reviews
from US$112.50*
Special Offer
Ancient Rome and Colosseum Skip the...
11,819 Reviews
from US$60.80*
US$67.50
La Spezia, Italy
Destination Expert
for La Spezia, Porto Venere, Lerici
Level Contributor
3,480 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trenitalia tickets

You do not need to validate your ticket as you have assigned seating. Just print your tickets off and show them to the inspector if and when he asks to see them. Tickets only need to be stamped for regional trains as these tickets are not for specific trains and valid for 3 months hence if they were not validated they could be used on another regional train on the same route. The same also apply sot bus tickets.

GAC
Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Sardinia
Level Contributor
8,828 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trenitalia tickets

Tickets for the Trenitalia unreserved regionale trains are valid for TWO months, as long as not validated. They must be traditional PAPER tickets and not electronic tickets purchased over the internet or telephone (which have a validity of only four hours after the train departure noted thereon). These PAPER tickets for the unreserved regionale trains must ALWAYS be validated before boarding. OTHER Trenitalia tickets need not be validated.

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
37,257 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trenitalia tickets

This is a duplicate post. No need to ask the same question on multiple forums. The answer will be the same.

Donna

4. Re: Trenitalia tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 July 2015, 06:17