Would love advice on the following (initial ideas) itinerary! My husband will be getting back from deployment and I wanted a fun trip for us to do. We'll be flying out of the London area and its been suggested we fly into Milan. We don't have a preference where we fly into so if there is a better place to start, please let me know. We usually do budget travel and backpack but if there is something special, we're game!
For this itinerary, can we do it with public transport or would it be better to drive?
The Dolomites are fairly large, should we concentrate on anything particularly?
Are 2 nights in Cinque Terre overkill?
If we had an extra day or two, what should be add at the very tip? :)
1. Arrive in Milan, sleep in Milan
2. Milan to Dolomites (bus?), sleep in Bolzano or Castelrotto
3. Dolomites (what to do?), sleep in Bolzano or Castelrotto
4. To Cinque Terre, sleep in Vernazza
5. Cinque Terre, sleep in Vernazza (just do 1 night?)
6. Florence, sleep in Florence
7. Florence, sleep in Florence
8. Bike tour of Tuscany/wine tasking/B&B (2 days?)
9. To Sorrento, sleep in Sorrento
10. Pompeii, sleep in Sorrento?
11. Capri or Amalfi Coast, sleep in Sorrento (2 days?)
Thank you so much for any advice!