We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

December: One Week Europe Trip

New York
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Topic
December: One Week Europe Trip

Hi,

Came across a nice airfare so thought what's there to lose. Flying into Milan and out of Prague (with ~20 hrs in AMS). The following flight schedules are fixed.

12/08 11am: Arr. Milan

12/15 2pm: Dep. Prague

12/15 4 pm: Arr. Amsterdam

12/16 1 pm: Dep. Amsterdam

I love traveling by trains (esp. overnight ones) and would want to make up for lack of train infrastructure in USA :) . Also I am Indian male, vegetarian and since I booked spontaneously will probably be traveling alone.

This is what I am thinking to do:

12/08 -12/09: Milan (12/09 overnight to Paris)

12/10 - 12/11: Paris (12/11 overnight to Berlin)

12/12 -12/13 Berlin (12/14 day train to Prague)

12/14(evening) -12/15 (noon) Prague

This gives me ~1.5-2 days in Milan, Paris and Berlin with < 1 day in Prague. I know I won't be able to cover everything in these cities. I like more cosmopolitan cities and would be limiting myself to major attractions in the cities only.

Also I have a 20hr layover in AMS, thinking of just wrapping it in that. I originally wanted to spend more time in AMS. I can ditch Paris or Berlin and spend another 1.5-2 days in AMS in addition to my 20hrs lay-over.

Also being December, are any of these cities better than others weather wise ? I believe all these will be around 0-5 C in December ?

Edited: 04 July 2014, 22:17
pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
32,314 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: December: One Week Europe Trip

Actually, you have less than a day in Milan. Your flight will arrive and by the time you get to your hotel it will be mid afternoon. You also are taking the late train out the next day which gives you about half a day. Same with Paris and Berlin. And even less than that in Prague.

Personally, I think you're traveling too much and you'll spend most of your time on the train and not visiting sites. You won't get much sleep on the overnight trains as they tend to make a lot of stops. I would cut out at least half of what you want to do and concentrate on two cities. You only have 7 full days and 1 half day. Trying to visit 4 cities in 4 countries is crazy and not realistic.

donna

2. Re: December: One Week Europe Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 July 2015, 06:17