We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

6 days in Italy - itinerary help

New York City, New...
1 post
Save Topic
6 days in Italy - itinerary help

Dear travelers

My husband and I are planning our vacation to Italy this Aug - Sep. We got our tickets booked. We are landing in Rome on Aug 30th afternoon and flying back from Milan on Sept 6th morning which leaves us 6 1/2 days to roam in Italy. Ofcourse we are visiting Rome, Venice and Milan for sure but we are thinking to choose between Naples and Florence. After reading lot of reviews I guess its good to go to Florence, however I request your help in framing an itinerary. A rough plan that I have now is

August 29th - flying to Italy and reaching on 30th afternoon

August - 30th afternoon, 31st, Sep 1st in Rome (visiting, Colosseum, Roman Forum, Palatine hill, St Clement, Vatican city, St Peters, Spanish steps, Trevi Fountain and Pantheon)

Sep 2nd - morning taking train to Florence (What can I do in Florence?)

Sep 3rd - after 12 pm taking train to Venice (any recommendations on where to stay and what interesting things we could do?)

Sept 5th - morning taking train to Milan (what can i do in Milan?)

Sept 6th - morning Flight to my home country.

This is a very rough draft and please feel free to change this so that i can use best of my days in Italy and also any ideas in connecting the cities in different order

Thanks

Deepika

Sydney NSW
Level Contributor
1,084 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 6 days in Italy - itinerary help

Hi, these are my ideas to answer your questions. They are based on things I enjoyed on my trip. In Florence you could go to the Gallerie Accademia to see the statue of David ( booked tickets ensure no long queues, or stroll around a Florence finding all the imitation David's ( there are lots) . You could ride the hop on hop off bus. We had a lot of fun on it and saw around Florence that way. At Venice ride a vaperetto ( ferry) walk the Rialto Bridge, ride in a gondola, wander around the lanes and the canals. Have fun planning your trip.

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
33,976 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 6 days in Italy - itinerary help

You need to get a guide book and read it. Only you can decide what to see and do in Florence and Milan. You may find there is nothing of interest to you there but you may find that you have a ton of things you want to do there. A guide book is really the best source for what each city has to offer. It will go beyond the so called "main sites" and list hundreds of things worth seeing.

As for your trip I don't think you can do everything you want to do in 6 days. I would split the time between Rome and Venice without any other cities. On your last night I would take the train to Milan to catch your flight out the next morning.

Donna

3. Re: 6 days in Italy - itinerary help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 July 2015, 06:15