We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Solo Italy Vacation - Advice on places to stay

Washington DC...
1 post
Save Topic
Solo Italy Vacation - Advice on places to stay

Hi,

I am planning a solo 10 day vacation to Venice-Florence-Rome. This is my first ever European vacation.

I am looking for some advice on places to stay which are safe for women and not too expensive.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Which websites should I use for booking trains between these cities? Any other travel tips are much appreciated

Thanks

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
85,411 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Solo Italy Vacation - Advice on places to stay

The whole of central Venice, Florence and Rome are safe, so this is not an issue. At all times, be alert for the possibility of pickpockets.

"Not too expensive" means different things to different people. How much do you want to spend per night, in euros?

For the best prices on train travel, book soon after tickets go on sale, usually 4 months before travel. See www.trenitalia.com and www.italotreno.it

The stations you want are Venezia SD Lucia, Firenze SM Novella and Roma Termini (for Trenitalia). Italo trains use Tiburtina or Ostiense stations in Rome.

United States
Level Contributor
9,623 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Solo Italy Vacation - Advice on places to stay

For Venice, you want Venezia S. Lucia.

TAB

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,496 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Solo Italy Vacation - Advice on places to stay

please give itinerary for venice Florence and rome within 6-7 days.

thanx in advance

4. Re: Solo Italy Vacation - Advice on places to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 August 2015, 07:17