We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary question

west chicago
1 post
Save Topic
Itinerary question

I am planning our first trip to Italy and need some expert advice. We would like to see Tuscany, Cinque Terre, Rome, and the Amalfi Coast. We are thinking of 9 or 10 nights. In Tuscany we would like to experience the countryside and in Rome we just want to touch on highlights like the Sistine Chapel and the Vatican. I am looking for itinerary suggestions including the order in which to visit each area, length of stay in each, specific cities within Tuscany, Cinque Terre, and the Amalfi Coast, and suggested sightseeing as well as suggested transportation for each area.

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
30,823 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary question

10 nights is not enough time to visit 4 different areas of Italy.

You really need to get a guide book to help you determine what you want to see and thereby helping you determine how many days in each area you'll need. With a list of what you want to see and do for each area it will be easier to determine how much time will actually be needed instead of guessing. You may need 5 days in one area and be able to do another in just a single day. You won't know until you make your list.

As for the number of areas, you'll lose about half a day when you change locations so if you visit 4 locations you'll lose 2 days just to travel making your 10 days only 8. That isn't enough time to visit 4 areas. I would limit your visit to three at the most with two being the best solution if you want to explore areas like Tuscany and the CT.

Donna

2. Re: Itinerary question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 August 2015, 07:17