We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"Super Economy" Ticket

Sydney, Australia
6 posts
Save Topic
"Super Economy" Ticket

Hi,

I've bought a super economy ticket that's going from Firenze to Venezia in September.

Now, I have a change of plan and I know that it is not refundable. I was wondering whether I can transfer this ticket to someone else. It does not have any name on it.

Thanks,

GAC
Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Sardinia
Level Contributor
8,828 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: "Super Economy" Ticket

If it's a traditional PAPER ticket, no one will be able to stop you from transferring it to a third party (even though this is technically not allowed) PAPER tickets are like "bearer instruments": anyone in physical possession can utilize them. If you find an unused PAPER ticket on the platform, you could take it and use it yourself! Such an act of dishonesty would remain unpunished and undetected.

If it's an ELECTRONIC ticket, there is an electronic record of the name of the passenger who purchased the ticket. If you transfer the ticket to a third person whose physical appearance seems at odds with the record name (e.g.: third person is male and the record name is "Monica"), the ticket controller may become suspicious if he notices this fact. Same problem if the third person is an adult and the electronic ticket is a child's fare!!!

For example, if the record name is "Monica Briggs" and the third person is "Barbara Goins", I don't see a problem, unless the agent asks for identification (which would be highly unusual). However, if the record name is (by way of example) Russian-sounding, and the third person does not have any of the stereotype Russian features (???), this might be noted by a ticket controller with a highly suspicious character.

2. Re: "Super Economy" Ticket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2015, 06:17