We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iam confuse !!!!!!!!!! need help trains to travel for Italy

Manassas, Virginia
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Iam confuse !!!!!!!!!! need help trains to travel for Italy

I am trying to check trains to Rome, Florence ,Venice and Milan. I checked Rail Europe for buying ticket by ticket for destination., In that website I found cheapest tickets. But when TO make sure, I check it in Trenitalia, dates and prices that I am looking are sold out , and the prices are higher. How is possible that Rail Europe has cheapers that the train company ? DO I have to trust these website or not ?

Thanks for your advice !!!!!!!!!!

Likely To Sell Out
Skip the Line: St Peter’s and Sistine...
23,092 reviews
from US$76.30*
Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: Sistine Chapel Viewing...
531 reviews
from US$412.90*
Likely To Sell Out
Ancient Rome and Colosseum Tour...
2,855 reviews
from US$123.90*
Likely To Sell Out
Tuscany in One Day Sightseeing Tour
6,738 reviews
from US$112.60*
Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
30,679 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Iam confuse !!!!!!!!!! need help trains to travel for Italy

Rail Europe does not sell Trenitalia's cheap fares, so Trenitalia is almost always cheaper. I suspect you have made some sort of mistake in using or interpreting one of these websites.

A possible reason is that Rail Europe USA quotes the price Per Person until the final payment stage when it lands you with the total bill. But Trenitalia immediately quotes the total price for however many people you are booking for. So if you are booking for more than one person, the headline prices on each site are not comparable.

Edited: 17 August 2014, 23:28
Manassas, Virginia
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iam confuse !!!!!!!!!! need help trains to travel for Italy

Thank you for your reply. Do you think that Rail Europe is a trust website ? We did for 2 people.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
90,333 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Iam confuse !!!!!!!!!! need help trains to travel for Italy

RailEurope is an agent that sells train tickets. The price you are getting from RailEurope is for 1 person, the price from Trenitalia is for both people.

To avoid problems, book direct with the train company. Either www.trenitalia.com or its competitor www.italotreno.it

Trenitalia runs the trains, and knows whether seats are available. But I suspect you are misunderstanding the web site. See http://bit.ly/UkOscz

4. Re: Iam confuse !!!!!!!!!! need help trains to travel for Italy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2015, 07:16