We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Umbria help!

NYC
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Umbria help!

Ok,so I will staying In perugia for four days in early july.What should I see?Can any one recomend a good day trip or two?

Likely To Sell Out
Skip the Line: Vatican Museums, St...
23,556 Reviews
from US$74.40*
Likely To Sell Out
Tuscany in One Day Sightseeing Tour
6,973 Reviews
from US$107.90*
Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: Sistine Chapel Private...
541 Reviews
from US$395.80*
Philadelphia
Level Contributor
120 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Umbria help!

Sure, Umbria is so rich: every little town is charming to visit and has art, food and music galore. You are very lucky indeed to go there early July, when Umbria Jazz (http://www.umbriajazz.com/canale.asp) and Spoleto Festival dei due Mondi (www.spoletofestival.it/ktlib/ktwse…) are going on!

First of all visit Perugia: Palazzo dei Priori, with the Galleria Nazionale dell'Umbria full of art masterpieces from the period 1200-1600; Collegio del Cambio with frescoes by Perugino; the cathedral and several other churches

Assisi should not be missed for the glorious cathedral with Giotto's frescoes.

Spoleto is my favorite Umbrian town; the Duomo and its piazza are wonderful, there is a castle (la Rocca) and you can take the walk all around it, as well as a roman theater. Just strolling around in the historical center is magical. Moreover during the festival the atmosphere is pure magic! Try to get tickets to any of the performances: they go from operas to puppet shows. I highly recommend the concerti di mezzogiorno and a dance show at the roman theater.

Other interesting towns to visit are Spello, Gubbio and further away Orvieto and Todi. But if you are staying for 4 days, jst enjoy Perugia, Assisi and Spoleto and savor the delicious Umbrian cuisine with truffle and spelt (farro) as the best delicacies!

Buon viaggio.

www.vestaitalianvillas.com

Mentioned in this post
Umbria
Umbria
Italy
Spoleto
Spoleto
Province of Perugia, Italy
Mondi
Mondi
356 Reviews
Rome, Italy
Perugia
Perugia
Galleria
Galleria
846 Reviews
Sicily, Italy
Del Cambio
Del Cambio
1,120 Reviews
Turin, Italy
Perugino Hotel
Perugino Hotel
112 Reviews
Corciano, Italy
Assisi
Assisi
Duomo
Duomo
1,054 Reviews
Sicily, Italy
Spello
Spello
Gubbio
Gubbio
Orvieto
Orvieto
Province of Terni, Italy
Todi
Todi
West Sussex
Level Contributor
242 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Umbria help!

Agree with Vesta. You'll be spoiled for choice. I would just add Trevi to the list. All the towns mentioned, except Todi, are approached by the same motorway (superstrada) south-east from Perugia.

Mentioned in this post
Todi
Todi
Perugia
Perugia