We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Apartments and June weather--need experienced feedback.

Kansas
Level Contributor
172 posts
Save Topic
Apartments and June weather--need experienced feedback.

Will be in Rome June 10 -17. I did internet research of Rome temperature for June. Average high = 78.1 F; Average low = 60.1 F.

I am now researching affordable apartments. Most have Air conditioning --- however, there are a few very nice apartments (nice location, will accomodate my family of 4, and just look neat), that do not have Air conditioning. --QUESTION: Given the above temperatures, given we'll be there mid-June---how important is an air conditioner? From my ignorant perspective and from the average temperatures reported by internet, 78.1 F doesn't seem to bad-- and therefore, I might consider an apartment without ac---HOWEVER, internet Av. temp. numbers and my ignorant impressions aside--- I need the opinions/ feedback of people who actually know Rome weather the first 1/2 of June--- Any feedback would be most appreciated. --Jaes.

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
11,464 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Apartments and June weather--need experienced feedback.

We have been there in June and had AC in the apartment and did not use it. The temps were mild and we were out sightseeing all day;the apartment was shuttered all day;so when we got back it was cool. The nights were cooler so we slept with the window open and it was pleasant.

We have been there in July and August and have used the AC.

Now that I say this, there will be a 100 year heat wave this next year and you'll curse me.

Buona Fortuna!!

Kansas
Level Contributor
172 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Apartments and June weather--need experienced feedback.

ricardoBA, ---No, I will not "curse" you--- I am, hereby, thanking you for the response. You make a good point about being out of the apartment during the day (seeing sites, etc.) and back at night for sleeping. ---If the average low is in fact 60.1 F in, June , Air Conditioning will not be a problem--- if you knew my wife, there will be a complaint about the cold. ---Again, thanks for the response. I was really in need of this information, because at 10:30 am Rome time (5 hours from now, I am going to make an international phone call to a Rome agency and make a decision about an apartment---So, I really did need your help/ opinion. Thanks. ---Jaes.

3. Re: Apartments and June weather--need experienced feedback.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2009, 04:15