We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My experience w. Venere.com - BAIT & SWITCH

Level Contributor
404 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
My experience w. Venere.com - BAIT & SWITCH

Venere.com has a very nice, helpful site for making hotel reservations in many European countries. I decided to use them for an upcoming trip. My experience was very disappointing and I would like to share it so that others planning to use them are aware of their practices which I would qualify as bait and switch.

Here is what happened:

- I picked a hotel; the site displayed: "Average double room rate/night: 48 EUR "

- I entered my dates and got a quote of 115 EUR/night

- I decided to make the reservation, entered all required data, the system confirmed everything (including the quoted rate/availability for the nights I have asked for) and took me to the CONFIRM button to make the reservation; I printed this screen and seconds after reviewing it I pushed the CONFIRM button

- I was told that rooms are available only for EUR 125/night

- I made the reservation assuming some kind of system error, as I have never seen anything like this before, a price hike after the rate is confirmed during the reservation process

- I sent an email to Venere’s Customer Service, asking them to honor the quoted rate; the reply stated that they forwarded my request “to the person of Venere.com responsible for this matter”

- when there was no follow-up, I sent another Email requesting contact info for the responsible party. I got was a reply stating “for your information, only properties can access both booking request they have been sent through Venere.com and their pricing list. Venere.com Team intervenes only upon specific request and authorization from the property”. “We regret to inform you that we have checked in our system, and the hotel changed its prices in our system in the same moment in which you were making your reservations”. They also informed me about my rights to cancel the reservation. Then I received another Email from them with the detailed steps for canceling the reservation.

- there is no phone number published for their Customer Service and after this experience I decided to follow their advice and I made another reservation and cancelled those made through Venere.

It seems that their systems are setup to change prices while one is making a reservation, a very unprofessional approach. If a hotel is supposedly making changes to prices “at the same moment” when a customer is pressing CONFIRM, the system should ensure that the reservation is made at the confirmed price (apply “record locking”, in more technical terms). Otherwise the practice is clearly a BAIT & SWITCH one. Make reservations with Venere.com at your own risk.

Venere.com has a very nice, helpful site for making hotel reservations in many European countries. I decided to use them for an upcoming trip to Portugal. My experience was very disappointing and I would like to share it so that others planning to use them are aware of their practices.

Here is what happened:

- I picked a hotel; the site displayed: "Average double room rate/night: 48 EUR "

- I entered my dates and got a quote of 115 EUR/night

- I decided to make the reservation, entered all required data, the system confirmed everything (including the quoted rate/availability) and took me to the CONFIRM button to make the reservation; I printed this screen and seconds after reviewing it I pushed the CONFIRM button

- I was told that rooms are available only for EUR 125/night

- I made the reservation assuming some kind of system error, as I have never seen anything like this before, a price hike after the rate is confirmed during the reservation process

- I sent an email to Venere’s Customer Service, asking them to honor the quoted rate; the reply stated that they forwarded my request “to the person of Venere responsible for this matter”

- when there was no follow-up, I sent another Email requesting contact info for the responsible party. I got was a reply stating “for your information, only properties can access both booking request they have been sent through Venere and their pricing list. Venere Team intervenes only upon specific request and authorization from the property”. “We regret to inform you that we have checked in our system, and the hotel changed its prices in our system IN THE SAME MOMENT in which you were making your reservations”. They also informed me about my rights to cancel the reservation. Then I received another Email from them with the detailed steps for canceling the reservation.

- there is no phone number published for their Customer Service; after this experience I decided to follow their advice and I made another reservation and cancelled those made through Venere.

It seems that their systems are setup to change prices while one is making a reservation, a very unprofessional approach. If a hotel is supposedly making changes to prices “at the same moment” when a customer is pressing CONFIRM, the system should ensure that the reservation is made at the confirmed price (apply “record locking”, in more technical terms). Otherwise, the practice is clearly a BAIT & SWITCH one.

Make reservations with Venere at your own risk.

Seal Beach...
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My experience w. Venere.com - BAIT & SWITCH

Thanks for the warning and so sorry you had to deal with this travesty! So unfair!

This seems to be happening more and more with the third party sites - Travelocity is a particular peeve of mine as they do this frequently. recently Amazon was blasted for this, as they raised prices while people saved an inquiry in their cart and when they went to purchase the price "mysteriously" went up. The indication is that when you save this way ( and probably other people are searching for this item too) the website tracks interest and raises prices accordingly. Shocking and unfair but difficult to prove unless you are inside.

This is why I don't save my searches for airplane or hotel tickets anymore either, jsut to be sure. I don't want to search day after day with the website knowing I've been searching day after day, and then find the price never changing or worse yet, going up.

Buyer beware, I guess. LL

2. Re: My experience w. Venere.com - BAIT & SWITCH

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2009, 21:18