We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

L'Aquila - Restaurants

Abruzzo
Level Contributor
103 posts
122 reviews
Save Topic
L'Aquila - Restaurants

We are gourmandines / would like to share experiences of Restaurants in L'Aq & the area

We can recommend

Antiche Mura - nice welcome - good food

Ernest .. tiny bit expensive but good

Elodia - good fish restaurant - reasonable

Il Fiaccolli - eat almost anything / at all budjets

Il Drappo - excellent steak etc

Do share your experiences ! Ta

Ideas welcomed..

we know of some out to the Navelli Valley too which are very good

Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
44 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: L'Aquila - Restaurants

We are going to be in L'Aquila in October 2007. Thinking about staying 3 nights someplace outside of L'Aquila like in Navelli perhaps but not sure if the town outside L'Aquila have restaurants nearby - we are looking at for instance abruzzo Segreto B&B. Looks nice. What restaurant choices are there in this area for dinner and, also, what are the roads like driving back to Navelli at night if we were to eat dinner at a restaurant in another town, like in L'Aquila. Would appreciate any local knowledge you have!

Laura

Abruzzo
Level Contributor
103 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: L'Aquila - Restaurants

Laura,

We have a house nearby (Caporciano) .

Firstly there is a brandnew road just going down - to be finished for you when you arrive. You have a very good restaurant outside Navelli - between our towns - Crocus (waiter is a little sultry). Down the road you have an excellent Pizzaria (best in Italy & so cheap!) Setti Fonti.. Near St Pio. Beyond that there is an outstanding new restaurant in Prata (Name? - you will find it!) Then enroute to L'Aq you will find Barisciano & up top of that is San Columbo (an old monastery) where the food is excellent. There are many more. Many that are hidden! Just ask. We normally take breakfast in a bar Santo Stefano (just past St Pio) Ask Alfredo there where to go.. Say I sent you.

Equally if you have not booked - we have an Agritorismo in Caporciano called 4A & a new complex of Apartments & further accom in Bominaco. But I would go for 4A - do a search - I am sure if you say I told you to get in touch they will look after you. You can also eat there too.

If you could find it (difficult) Sapori di Campagna near Fossa / we have on a number of occasions eaten there & it has to be surpassed!!! 0862 950253 they travel from LAq to eat there! & you can explore our restaurants in L'Aq

There is so much to do / see / folk are great.. We have just got back & going to return in 10 days!

But say Hi to Alfredo if you are there / they will point you in the right direction

Salve !

Chris

Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
44 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: L'Aquila - Restaurants

Chris, thank you very much! I don't think we'll starve in Italy! Have printed out your post and will give it all some thought. Thanks very much for giving me some tips. Laura

4. Re: L'Aquila - Restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2009, 00:17