We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

places to visit around quadri, italy

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
19 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
places to visit around quadri, italy

Hi all, I am going to quadri for few days and i would like to know what are the other places to visit near by quadri. I know i can search on internet but i have 2 major limitations.

1) we dont drive

2) we will have a 3 month old baby travellling with us.

so basically we are looking for 3-4 days relaxing vacation that we can include in our itinerary. BTW i live in paris so i can also fly to somewhere else then come to quadri and fly back to paris.

Any kinda help would be appriciated. Thanks.

Teramo
Destination Expert
for Abruzzo
Level Contributor
383 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: places to visit around quadri, italy

I wish we could help, but being up in the north of the province(Teramo), Quadri is a long way down from us, bordering Molise. Outstanding natural beauty, but quite remote and without a car, you'll struggle to find lots to do. A visit to Lago di Bomba should be possible by bus and Castel di Sangro. Sulmona is also a lovely place to visit, but it would take an hour and a half by bus, which might not be a lot of fun with a three month old baby.

Out of interest, how are you getting to Quadri?

Hot Sulphur...
Level Contributor
880 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: places to visit around quadri, italy

We visit that area every year. It's the closest "large village" near ours so we go there to eat at least once while we are in Fallo.

If you don't have a car I'm afraid you are pretty much stuck right there. I do see a bus come through Fallo every now and then. Maybe 2 or 3 times a week?

The train does not come up the valley anymore.

If you can find transportation, there are many small villages in that area. All of them have unique histories and stories. Agnone is just over the ridge to the south. A visit there is worth the time. Visit the Marinelli Bell Factory where the Papal bells are made!

The best grocery store is in Villa Santa Maria.

Good luck!

Safe Travels.

3. Re: places to visit around quadri, italy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 14:17